A Stay-ca-tion- is a vacation that is spent at home or around your local area involving trips to local attractions or activities in your own home!
Now that it’s almost summer time, it’s time for warmer weather, adventures, and vacations. Are you in desperate need for a vacation but can’t afford it? Utah county is full of amazing adventures that are exciting, fun, and affordable! Here are some ideas you can do this summer to have the ultimate, Utah County “StayCation”.
Activities around Utah County:
- Go On a Hike: Lucky for us, Utah County is full of beautiful areas that can be explored with a nice, relaxing hike. This summer, make a bucket list and hike the “Y”, Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon, or the Grotto in Payson Canyon.
- Orem Owlz Baseball Game: Is there anything better than sitting under the lights watching a baseball game? The smell of fresh cut grass, the warm weather, and hot dog is the perfect getaway!
- Go Bowling: What a fun and engaging activity for friends and family! Bowling is cheap, and convenient, especially in Utah County. There are so many bowling alleys to choose from!
- Go See a Movie: A movie is a nice way to take your mind off the stresses of life and getaway for a while! Now that summer is coming, there should be some “Must See Movies” in the next couple of months.
- Swimming: Pool, lake, pond, river, where ever you go, you name it, swimming is fun! Take your family or friends to a local pool and give swimming a try!
- Golfing: Competitive? Go golfing! Utah County has a variety of courses to choose from! Golfing can also be a way to get away from stress, and if your not into golf, try mini golf!
- Go To a Park: Just getting outside relieves stress! Get some rays on that skin and take your family on a picnic in a park!
- 7 Peaks: What a great place to take you and your family! 7 Peaks Water Park is full of fun water slides, pools, and relaxing hot tubs. If you want to cool down, go to the 7 Peaks Ice Arena, just next-door, and give ice staking a try!
Staying at home ideas
Some of the best adventures can be found in the walls of your own home! Here are some ideas you could use to transform your home into a resort:
- Spa: Turn your boring bathroom into a luxurious spa! All you need is a couple candles, bath salts, and maybe add Spa music from YouTube to complete the relaxing atmosphere!
- Hammock– Hang up a hammock in your yard and enjoy the fresh air and a nice, cool summer breeze! Be careful though, once you have settled in a hammock, you may never want to get out!
- Camping: Go camping in your backyard! Turn off all electronic devices and just enjoy the company of your family in the comfort of your own backyard. You’ll be up giggling and talking all night!
- Home cooked meals: Treat Yo Self! It’s a StayCation for a reason, so teat it like so! Make your favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner all within the same day!
- Host a board game night: Invite friends and family to play games! With the combination of appetizers, a deck of cards, and a couple board games, a game night could be the perfect getaway!
- Movie Night: Turn your living room into a movie theater! Make popcorn, buy candy, and if you want, roll out the red carpet! If your feeling adventurous, have a theme night and have your family and friends dress up like characters from the movie!
Remember, you Do Not need to break the bank or travel far to have a memorable vacation. Utah County is full of fun and exciting activities for you and your family. Even staying at home will bring joy and relaxation to your life! So enjoy your “Staycation” and save time and money!