How banking online can actually save you money.
Round the clock access to your finances, the convenience of managing your money anywhere, and even the option to do your banking from the comfort of home in your pajamas. There is little doubt that online banking has made banking easier and more convenient than ever before. But what may not be as well known is that banking online can actually save you money. It’s true.
Here are some of the ways you can connect through savings with online banking:
- Reduce account fees. UCCU offers free checking accounts without any conditions. It is 100% FREE! Checking with no maintenance fees can add up to significant savings in a year. Banking online will not only save you money; it will save you valuable time, too. And for many of us, our time is money.
- Build savings automatically. Do you want to put aside more money and build your savings? Online Banking offers a valuable feature that makes it easy – automatic transfers from your checking account to your savings account. You can set up these transfers to occur weekly, monthly, or during any other frequency. Automatic transfers with online banking are the easiest, most convenient way to save.
- Avoid insufficient funds fees. With 24-hour access to your account, you can view and reconcile your accounts anytime, helping you avoid the embarrassment, hassle, and expense of overdrawing your account.
- Save on stamps. The price of stamps is constantly rising. With online bill payment, available with most online banking services, there are no postage fees or fuel wasted driving to the post office. You can even schedule your payments to occur automatically, so you will not have to worry about missing a payment and incurring late fees.
- Eliminate check costs. If you pay bills online, there is no need to order checks. Banking online does not just save you money; it helps save the environment with less paper.
- Reduce mortgage interest. With online bill payment, you may be able to arrange to have your mortgage payments made bi-weekly rather than monthly, thereby reducing interest costs over the life of your loan.
- Eliminate late fees. When you bank online, you can make loan payments or transfer funds automatically, helping you avoid late fees that not only cost you money, but also affect your credit score – critical to help you get the best rates.
Understand spending patterns. Do you know how you are spending your money? With online banking, you can view all your purchases at a glance, helping you uncover new ways to save money.
At UCCU, we encourage you to take advantage of all the benefits and savings of UCCU’s Online Banking. For more information or questions on UCCU’s Online Banking. Visit any of our eighteen convenient branches to speak with one of our Member Service Representatives.