- Keep hard copies of all credit and debit cards in a safe, secure place.
- Use double-authentication on all online banking transactions.
- Never click on any suspicious-looking links or download anything when you’re unfamiliar with the source.
- Don’t share sensitive information online unless you can absolutely verify the identity of the other party.
- Check your credit card and checking account statements carefully each month. Report any suspicious activity immediately.
- Set a spending cap for your credit and debit cards as well as a specific geographic area for their use.
Your Turn: How do you keep yourself and your money safe from fraud? Share your best tips with us in the comments!