All of us have goals. For many of us our goals include buying the dream house, the car, the dream vacation, etc. We aim our lives to accomplish goals.
To carry out these goals we have to implement plans. Plans are the central point of how we achieve our goals. Here are 5 steps to create a plan that will help you achieve your goal:
1. Envision Success – You have to be able to see yourself accomplishing the goal. When you lose sight of what you are doing, visualize the end result. It will help you remember why you are doing what you are doing.
2. Give Yourself Rewards Along the Way – The best way to motivate yourself is to reward yourself. When you are doing something hard, you need to remember to applaud yourself from time to time.
3. Make it a Partnership – You have people in your life that want to see you succeed. Include someone in plans and have them check up on you from time to time. They will help keep you on track to achieve your goal.
4. Build in Reminders – Whether it’s a reminder in your calendar, on your phone, or post-it note, have your goal in a visual place. You will be motivated to reach the goal and focused on achieving the goal.
5. Treat Setbacks as Learning Experiences – It can take several attempts to achieve a goal, but do not let that stop you from reaching your goals. Learn from the setbacks and remember you can do it!