Summer in Full Bloom.
Along with the picnics, vacations, parades, outdoor activities, and other community events, many people are enjoying a fun-filled summer. Utah offers many spectacular sites and scenic attractions for any adventure minded person or family. With the price of gasoline down slightly, many are taking advantage of the opportunity to travel and enjoy the many beautiful destinations in and around the state. Of course, we can maximize the fun and limit the chances for anything that could ruin or detract from our vacation or travel by following a few common sense safety tips. Credit union members will no doubt be taking the credit union with them in their journeys as they take advantage of UCCU’s VISA/Checking services. Paying for travel related expenses is made safe and convenient by using your UCCU VISA Check or Credit Card. Using your VISA Card makes it easier to track and manage your expenses through our new Money Manger Budgeting Tools. Your UCCU VISA card also provides you with instant and safe access to your account, which will help avoid the need of carrying around a lot of cash.
Using Your UCCU VISA Safely
While it’s up to you to choose safe, but fun, destinations – we want to make some suggestions that will help you safely handle the financial part of your travel to protect your account and resources from loss or fraud. We want to help you avoid anything that can take the fun or enjoyment out of you summer plans. Below are some VISA safety precautions:
- Sign up for text alerts so if transactions occur on your card you are immediately notified.
- Do NOT write your PIN number on your card. If you write it down, keep it in a separate place, but better yet – memorize it and avoid writing it down at all. You can choose your PIN number by visiting any of our branch locations.
- Try not to give your VISA card to another person or let it out of your site. Crooks can “skim” or steal account information from your card and then use that information to commit fraud.
- Make sure your personal information is updated with UCCU – if you have to call and verify information you will want to have the current information.
- Let UCCU know your travel destination and dates so that if your card suddenly swipes at an unusual location, it is not declined for suspicious activity.
- If possible, avoid using public wireless access to view financial transactions.
Please note that if fraudulent activity does occur on your account we advise you to contact the credit union as soon as possible.
Other Summer Plans
Maybe some of your family plans include some home improvements, yard work, or other projects. UCCU is offering some great rates and terms on Home Equity products. Rates have never been lower and we even offer a No-Fee Home Equity Line of Credit loan with an introductory rate of just 1.9% for the first 9 months of the loan and then to historic low market rates thereafter. This summer might just be the best time to take on some of those projects you’ve had on your schedule. Call us at 801.223.8188 to see how we can help you make the most of these summer months!
Here to Help You
We are grateful for your membership at UCCU and appreciate the opportunity we have to be your financial partner. As a member owned not-for-profit financial institution, UCCU exists solely to serve you and your family. The credit union is strong and growing. UCCU has remained successful throughout the recession and enjoys a strong capital position and a thriving membership. Going forward, you can count on Utah Community Credit Union to be there for you and to offer a full line of valuable financial services and products to help you manage your finances. Our goal is to offer you the information and services that will help you make wise financial choices and reach your financial goals! Thanks for the opportunity to serve you! Use us for all we’re worth!
Utah Community Credit Union